If you have long hair and are thinking about getting it cut off then why not think about donating it to a charity? Donating your locks is an easy way to support a worthy charity. Before cutting off your long hairdo you will need to do some research. There are many charities which will gladly accept your donation. Some of the better known charities include:
PANTENE BEAUTIFUL LENGTHS - Pantene will turn your donation into a wig for women who have lost their hair due to cancer treatments. There are some requirements for donation though:
* Hair must be 8" long and in a pony tail. You need to measure from just about the ponytail to the ends. Wavy and curly hair may be straightened to measure.
* Hair needs to be freshly washed and free of any styling products.
* Hair must have no more than 5% gray hairs.
* Hair can not be bleached or permanently colored or chemically treated.
LOCKS OF LOVE - This wonderful charity will turn your donation into a wig for a child suffering from a long term medical hair loss. I have donated my hair several times to this wonderful charity. Requirements are as follows:
* Hair must be 10" long in a pony tail.
* Gray hair may be donated but it will not be used to make kids wigs instead it will be sold and the proceeds will be used to offset their manufacturing costs. So donating gray hair does help!
* Hair can not be bleached.
* Hair CAN be permanently colored or permed.
MATTER OF TRUST - This is a great program which accepts donations of any length to help clean up oil spills. They accept donations from salons, schools, etc. They are looking for boxes full of hair so if you have access to a large amount of hair you should consider this worthwhile charity.Donating Hair to Charity