If you have a stammering condition, and want to know how to stop stammering, it's best to consider first a few facts:
1. Stammering can affect almost anyone - In America alone, there are over 3 million people who stutter. But it doesn't matter where in the world you live, how safe your environment is, or what kind of family background you have. Stammering affects a great deal of people from all walks of life. However, it is often common in young children who are still learning to speak. And usually, these children are able to stop stuttering as they grow older. Only a small percentage of adults stutter (around 1%).
2. Stammering affects a larger portion of males than females - approximately three to four times more. The reason for this is uncertain, but research is getting closer to finding out probable causes why this disability often hits men.
3. There is a tremendous progress in preventing stammering in children - this is due to the fact that the fields of genetics, child development, neurophysiology, and even family dynamics have come up with new research on the possible causes of stammering and how to stop it.
4. There is no instant cure for stammering - you're well likely to encounter a number of people who would offer a miracle cure for stammering, but quite frankly, the "cure" there usually consists of methods that require ongoing practice. And by definition, that is not a "cure", but... it definitely helps you manage your stuttering, even to a point where it is hardly noticeable at all.
5. There are many famous people who stammer but have achieved success and significance - Winston Churchill, Bill Walton, Marilyn Monroe, Bob Love, King George VI are just some of the big time persona who had to deal with stammering. You as an individual should not let stammering affect you, or determine the vocation and life that you will live. There are many individuals who have made a difference with their lives and have impacted society in a great way, even though they found it hard to stop their stuttering.How to Stop Stammering - 5 Fast Facts